Thursday, January 19, 2017

Beer Blog No.1 Here comes the sun (shine)

This is the first and hopefully not last blog written by me about beer that I have bought somewhere on my travels. This particular bottle of beer has been in my fridge since summer 2016 waiting for the right moment to be opened. This wintry January evening seemed like the right time for some Cornish sunshine, to bring back memories of summer walks along the beach,  camping next to the dunes and cooking dinner on the stove, so out came the bottle of Lushingtons Sunshine Pale Ale. But more importantly as a toast to my son, aged three and a quarter, who today mastered how to ride his bicycle, on his wee day out.




Bought from John's Off Licence in St. Ives it appeared to have kept very well, and the tasting notes on the bottle told me:

Bursting with fruit, within its bittersweet scent, you'll pick up lime and mangoes with a little lychee. And its creamy texture contains a strawberry finish. Enjoy with white meat, fish or a 99.

I wouldn't disagree with this, and I can report that the creamy strawberry finish also went very well with vegetarian sausages and mash.



 A fine beer indeed and from the community brewery of Skinner's in Cornwall, even endorsed by my non beer drinking partner.

No comments: